Zapp is a potentially unwanted program (PUP), which gets installed within your system along with free application/ software downloads without your consent.
Ways in which Zapp often victimizes you:
- If you click too fast
- If you discard custom setup during free program installation
- Through spam mails (an attachment implanted within spy emails)
- Visit compromised websites (often when you are too curious or casual)
If you’ve not enabled spam filters against e-mails from unknown people, it is very likely that your system can be attacked by Zapp. In another situation, if a new tab automatically opens, while browsing, it could be a malicious website containing Zapp.
Zapp consumes your system resources and internet resources. As a result, you might experience slow computer performance and more loading time more time while webpage loading or even, access denied to some of the websites. Therefore, it is necessary to eliminate Zapp virus from your computer.
Here are a few methods of getting rid of Zapp from your computer.
STEP 1 : Uninstalling Zapp from your computer
For Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7-
- Go to Control Panel
For Windows 8–
- Hover the mouse pointer to left corner of desktop.
- Right-click and Select Control Panel.
- OpenUninstall a program under
- Uninstall Zapp, Flash Enhancer or similar programs.
STEP 2: Removing Zapp from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go to gear icon< Internet Options.
- Follow with Internet Options< Advanced<
- Open Reset Internet Explorer settings.
- Select Delete personal settings check box.
- Press Reset
- Now Close and restart the browser.
Zapp virus gets eliminated from both from your PC and browser using the above steps. Still, if you face any difficulty, feel free to get in touch with the McAfee Technical support.